"We have faith. Act now for climate justice." - Tveit
NCIPL’s work is rooted in the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing and the value of Advocating with Compassion, as the only faith-based & statewide organization that works on addressing the climate justice issues in North Carolina.
* Ask others what they love. Ask what their positive hopeful vision for NC before you discuss the issues you care about.
* Learn how and why others do what they do. Try to understand their beliefs and values.
* Love our enemies/neighbors.
* Include everyone. It’s not about us against them.
* Love ourselves through the process. If you are becoming overcome with anger and bitterness it is time for a break.
* If we are practicing creation care, then as a part of that we are caring for ourselves.
What does it mean to advocate with compassion?
20 actions for
Give them a call.
Write an article for your church bulletin or blog.